Labels

Thursday, 30 July 2026

Miya wants the past! (Minus the bigotry...)

Today, I'm feeling a little lazy and agitated. The world sucks really bad, I miss a ton of stuff, and I yearn to experience things I never will. So, this post isn't going to be particularly gyaru-centred, nor will I be featuring a small drawing.

Todays topic is: I'm totally yearning for a time I barely got to experience!

I know 2000s and early 2010s stuff is super popular now. But with how shitty the world is now, especially the internet, I'm really missing the stuff I had as a kid, and really envious over the stuff I was born too late to experience for myself. The first time I used a computer was in 2014 when I was 6 years old, and God am I grateful for it. I loved GirlsGoGames, I loved flash games, I loved YouTubers like Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, IHasCupquake, Aphmau, DanTDM, I loved games like FNaF and Yandere Simulator and Undertale! I even remember waiting sooooo impatiently for Omori to come out on 3DS!!! But now, a lot of that stuff is gone. Or just changed, naturally. But I loved that short time I had with early 2010s internet. It was full of passion and colour and I still love it now. Those short few years felt like my whole entire life. I'm just so, so irritated that I didn't have the chance to experience it earlier. I miss when my world was doused in life and colour and fun. I miss when I could experience those imperfect little games made by imperfect people from all around the world.

I feel a little bitter and envious of my older siblings. They got to experience that world in full. From its conception to its unfortunate death. I'm also a little mad they introduced me to some of it. Older games, older internet. We're never gonna have that old internet back. Flash is gone. As a 6 year old, I was only able to get those last few sorry drops of what that was like. Now its all ChatGPT nonsense and beige, ugly, polyester clothes. Natural makeup. Boring games. Even physical toys are shit. I remember Barbies being amazing! So many accessories and clothes to mix and match. Now? Walking through a toy aisle is so majorly fucking boring!!!! Kids today get, what, one outfit for Barbie? And its just a slip on dress with a pattern printed on it and like 3 accessories! What! Barbie is a FASHION doll. Is big multibillion dollar company too poor to give Barbara MULTIPLE layers of clothing now? Come ON.

Shit just feels so miserable. I feel so miserable. I want all that old shit back. Maybe that person who said technology shouldn't have progressed past 2009 was right.

But, I'm gyaru. I won't allow myself to succumb to misery and boredom. I won't let myself get torn down by a drab world. I can miss old stuff all I want. I'll find a way to get some of it back. I'll thrift. I'll buy old magazines. I'll decorate to make myself happy. I'll work extra hard to get a job. I'll work extra hard to make friends. I'll journal. I'll update this blog. I'll live everyday as best as I can.

Wrap Up + What's Next?

I'll try making some art to post, or come up with something gyaru-related topic. Or not. As much as this is called The Weekly Gyaru, I'M the gyaru posting weekly here. So expect SOME posts about just me, okay? (@^◡^) That's all for now. Seeya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miya wants the past! (Minus the bigotry...)

Today, I'm feeling a little lazy and agitated. The world sucks really bad, I miss a ton of stuff, and I yearn to experience things I nev...